Friday, June 20, 2014

Guest Post at Oliver + S and the Honeycomb Shorts

Remember this?


My hexagon pocket version of the Oliver + S Sunny Day Shorts has been generating a lot of interest.  Mainly comments like "that's so cool!" and "how'd you do it?"  So when Rachel from Oliver + S asked me to do a tutorial for the hexagon pocket I was thrilled.  I'd already been planning on another pair of shorts with more hexagon's, because the first pair turned out so neat.  I wanted to switch it up a little bit and really play around with uniqueness of the pockets.  Are you ready for this awesomeness?


For the full tutorial, hop on over to the Oliver + S blog, where I'm sharing how to make these hexagon pockets.  They're really quite easy; once you see how they're made you might just be obsessed with shaped pockets.  The tutorial is for the hexagons, but you can use this technique to make any shape you want.

You can download the hexagon pocket template here.



Pumpkin seems to think they're the coolest thing ever, and I'm inclined to agree.  :)


He says this outfit give him super powers!  Big muscles!

-Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment