Friday, June 6, 2014

Strawberry Buttons And Having A Good Time

Today Bunny and I decided to go visit one of my favorite hang out spots.  It should come as no surprise that my favorite place is my LYS (local yarn shop, for those who aren't in on the lingo).  The owner, Kat, is a good friend of mine, but aside from that it's just a really cool place.  She has such a great selection of yarn and notions, including an entire wall of one of my favorite yarns, Kraemer's Perfection.
Sporting the five-minute bow Mommy made her this morning.

Bunny likes going there, too, because she gets lots of attention.

Hmm.. I think this ones a little big!

And get's to play dress up.  They affectionately call her "the shop baby", and frequently use her to test the sizing on patterns.  She's even got her picture on the wall!

This photo is from one of Kat's patterns.  Check out all her cute stuff in her Etsy shop: My Sweetie Peas
The ceiling fan is also absolutely fascinating.

Ooooh, look at all those yummy yarns!
I managed to leave without buying any yarn.  Surprising, I know!  I'm determined not to buy any new materials until I finish the projects I have.  (That fabric order from this morning totally doesn't count…) I did get some adorable buttons, though, and new embroidery scissors since the gnomes ran off with mine.  I have no idea what I'm going to use these strawberry buttons for, but I HAD to have them.

Isn't this polka dot tissue paper just adorable?  I love how she wraps everything up pretty.
With all the sewing going on around here you probably thought I forgot how to knit.  But somewhere in this pile is not one, but TWO new patterns in the works.  Keep your eyes peeled, because I'll be looking for testers soon!
I know I'm not the only one whose "workspace" looks like this.  Although maybe minus the magnet blocks and butt cream.
So what's your favorite "hang out" spot?  Are you going there this weekend?

-Sparrow


P.S. Did you know that Pumpkin&Bunny has a FaceBook page?  I post updates, pictures of projects in progress, and random fun stuff I find on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment