Thursday, March 12, 2015

Open for business!

For those of you who follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you're already up on this news.  But I'm so glad to announce that I am officially a fully registered and compliant business! Yay! I thought I'd take a minute and share with you all the details of what this means, and how I'm planning on operating my business.  So here's a little list of things you might be interested to know.

So what is Pumpkin & Bunny all about?

Pumpkin & Bunny is a children's boutique specializing in sizes Newborn - 4t.  The clothes I make focus on quality, comfort, and style, in that order.  Ready to wear clothes are made to be thrown away; they wear out after one wash, or get holes before you've even had a chance to take them off the hanger.  The clothes I make are made to be passed down from child to child, generation to generation.   I focus on using the best materials and the best techniques to ensure that everything I make will last.  I also choose patterns and designs that will grow with children in those early days when they seem to gain inches overnight, but that will still be comfortable enough for every day play.  Pumpkin & Bunny is heirloom quality, with everyday style.  I test every pattern I make for fit and comfort on my own kids, and I sew everything with the same love and attention to detail.



What is "compliancy" and why does it matter?

One of the things that has taken the longest for me to get ready is to become "compliant."  In 2009, the CPSC passed new, stricter laws concerning the manufacture and sale of children's items.  There's a lot of legalese involved, but what you need to know is that any metal or plastic products I use must be tested for lead and bpa phthalates.  I also have to adhere to guidelines for safety, such as small parts, drawstrings, etc.  What does this really mean for you?  It means peace of mind in knowing that everything you purchase from me is safe for your kids, and a lot of paperwork for me.

So, when can I buy some awesome stuff from you?

Well, now that my papers are all in order, I am finally legal to sell!  But it will be awhile before I am ready to set up a proper website.  For now you can follow my Facebook page to see what I'm working on, and I'm open for custom orders!  I will be adding some sample pictures to show off the patterns that are available along with pricing and sizes for each pattern.  They will be organized into collections, to make it easy for you to browse around.  It will take me some time to get everything I have to offer up, but it's exciting stuff!  The first collection I'll be releasing is called "Shortcake" and if focuses on simple classics for the littlest ones.  And yes, there will be BOY stuff too! Exciting!  Take a peek around, and if you see something you like, feel free to message me for more info! 



And a huge thank you to everyone who has supported me through this journey, and for everyone who has continued to encourage me to follow my heart and my dreams.  It's been a long road to get to this point, and the journey is just beginning!

<3
-Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment